School councils are advisory bodies. The council shall provide advice and recommendations to the school principal related to student achievement and school improvement.
The members of the school council are accountable to the constituents they serve and shall:
- Regularly participate in council meetings;
- Maintain a school-wide perspective on issues;
- Participate in information and training programs;
- Act as a link between the school council and the community;
- Encourage the participation of parents and others within the school community; and
- Work to improve student achievement and performance.
Meeting dates are as follows:
September 3, 2019 - 7:30 am, Berkmar High School
November 5, 2019 - 7:30 am, Berkmar High School
January 7, 2020 - 7:30 am, Berkmar High School
March 3, 2020 - 7:30 am, Berkmar High School