Brookwood Elementary School
Believing. Achieving. Leading. Exceeding.
News From Around Brookwood
Find It Fast
2021 - 2022 New Student Registration
Registration is now available for new students. Staff members are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm to assist with registration. We request that you make an appointment, so we can best serve you. Please call Brookwood Elementary at 770-736-4360 to make an appointment. Please go to the New to Brookwood webpage to get more information about registration.
Brookwood Elementary Spelling Bee
Preparations are underway for the 2021 Brookwood Elementary School Spelling Bee. Classroom Spelling Bees will take place in 4th and 5th grade classrooms between October 18th - 29th.
You can begin helping your student prepare now using the School Spelling Bee Study List.
The 2021 - 2022 Brookwood Elementary Yearbook is now on sale!
The 2021 - 2022 Brookwood Elementary Yearbook is now available for pre-order online at the Josten's website. Order before October 29th to purchase this year's yearbook for the low price of $36.
5th Grade Parents
Make your 5th Grader's Brookwood Elementary School yearbook even more special! Purchasing a 5th Grade Ad in Brookwood Elementary School's yearbook is a great way for parents, families and friends to commemorate the important milestone of the completion of elementary school.
Create and purchase your 5th grade ad between now and the deadline on November 1st. This year we have two ad sizes to choose from:
- 1/4 Page - $30
- 1/8 Page - $20
Purchase your ad at the Josten's website before the price goes up!
Dogwood Pizza Night is October 26th!
Order from Dogwood Pizza on Tuesday, September 28th and help support Brookwood Elementary! Don't forget to give your teacher's name when you place your order--the classroom with the most participation gets a prize!
Bidding For Good
Bid on unique experiences in support of the Brookwood Schools Foundation. Proceeds help to support all of the schools in the Brookwood Cluster. Click on the links below to bid on the following experiences at Brookwood Elementary School:
- Student Principal for the Day - auction ends November 1, 2021
- Lunch with the Principal (1 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Lunch with the Principal (2 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Morning Announcements with the Principal for a Week - auction ends February 4, 2022
Tuesday, November 9th is a Digital Learning Day!
On November 9th, GCPS will have a digital learning day for ALL students to allow teachers to plan future lessons for students. On this Digital Learning Day:
- Students can find all their lessons and assignments on eCLASS, but there will be no live instruction. Please view the video below for directions on how to get to your teacher's eCLASS page.
- All students will complete their special area class digitally. More information is on the Brookwood eCLASS homepage.
- Meals will be delivered along all bus routes.
Parent Vue App - Now Available
The Synergy Parent mobile app, ParentVUE, is now available for use. The app is available in the Apple App Store, as well as the Google Play Store. An active Parent Portal account is required to log in to ParentVUE.
- It will allow parents, who have a parent portal account, to view schedules, grades, see when assignments are due, view graduation requirements, find missing assignments, and view other important student information.
- If you have a Parent Portal account you will use the same log in username (email) and password that you use online.
Box Tops for Education
No more clipping! Scan your receipt!
All money collected from boxtops goes directly to buy PE equipment for Brookwood Elementary. There is a new system starting this year where you download the FREE Boxtops for Education App and scan your receipt. The boxtops will automatically upload to our school's account. Just be sure to select BROOKWOOD ELEMENTARY SNELLVILLE, GA when you set up the app (There are SEVERAL Brookwood Elem. schools to choose from.) This video, will show you how the process works.
3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Students Can Receive Help via Tutor.com
Beginning Wednesday, April 8th, the Gwinnett County Public Library is partnering with Gwinnett County Public Schools to provide online tutoring support to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade Gwinnett students through Tutor.com. Students will need a library account to access the service. They will be able to sign on for individual tutoring sessions daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and for 24/7 “drop-off” support (uploading a document for tutor review/feedback to be returned at a later time).
Find all the information you need to take advantage of this program by logging into eCLASS. Look for the box pictured below!